Friday, August 31, 2007

For Those Who Don't Like the Truth!

Over at Slice of Laodicea a reader wrote in and commented about how she thought it was wrong for the writer of that blog to "call out what they see as false teaching in the church today". The commenter felt that the blog owner and those who comment on the site "seem so filled with hate and rage". I commented on the post and because I felt it pertained to people who have a problem with this site, and some of the topics I discuss, I thought I would post my comment here on my blog. So, here it is:

"When you talk about the people at CT, you are talking about people I know, people I love, people I respect and admire, people I’m guessing most of you have never met." (part of the reader's comment)

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that on Judgment day God will be looking to see if you were , "respected, "admired", or "loved". He is going to be looking at whether or not He knew you and you knew Him, whether or not you are Born Again. Lots of "wonderful" people have been deceived into going the way of ecumenicalism, and trying to be more like the world to "fit in". Lots of "good" people are not really Born Again. "Christian" is a term too widely used today, with too broad of a definition. Far too many pastors have been deceived into believing that they have to change their message to suit "the times".

"But isn’t it possible to do so with compassion and the love of God in your hearts?" (part of the reader's comment)

When Jesus went in to the temple and saw what the moneychangers were doing did He confront them in a quiet, somber way? No! But surely it was out of love because God is love!

As for having compassion, when you look up compassion at Websters.com this is what it says..."COMPASSION implies pity coupled with an urgent desire to aid or to spare". This sure sounds like what Ingrid is doing and many others of us who point out the problems with the apostate church of today.
1 CORINTHIANS 5:9-13
I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;
I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.
But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?
But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Steven Garren said...

J.C Ryle is quoted as saying, "He that is not zealous against error, is not likely to be zealous for truth." In being a lover of truth myself I have found that to be absolutely true in dealing with other 'Christians.' American 'Christians' are too comfortable and do not like their comfort disturbed. But the day is fast approaching when God will separate the goats from the sheep within his Church. Baby Christians will have to finally grow up or fall away. It's already happening to some extent.